The days are getting shorter and colder, so its time to start protecting your plants from the changing weather.
Jobs to do this month:
• Sow onion seeds and sweet peas now in the greenhouse
• Complete winter fruit tree pruning
• Protect winter vegetables from pigeons with netting
• Cover your rhubarb with our Natural Grower Plant Feed and Soil Conditioner to protect it from the cold winter months and provide a slow release feed ready for spring growth.
• Plant new fruit trees and bushes
• Sow broad beans suitable for autumn sowing
• Harvest winter vegetables: Cabbages, Cauliflowers, Kale, Brussel Sprouts, Celeriac, Leeks, Jerusalem Artichokes, Parsnip, Spinach, Chard, Swede
• Sow garlic
• Add some Natural Grower Soil Conditioner to the soil for the worms to take in over the winter, so your beds are in tip-top condition in the spring
• Stake tall brassicas
• Firm soil around Lavatera, and provide a mulch of soil conditioner to stop frost getting to the roots
• Protect Hellebores from slugs
• Protect Crocus bulbs from mice by putting nets over the area that you have planted them
• Apply our plant feed and soil conditioner to your lawn for a slow release feed over the winter and better growth next spring