How to use our fertiliser
We recommend that you wear gloves when handling these products as they have a strong (but completely natural) aroma. Wash your hands after use.
- Mix 100ml of liquid fertiliser with 5 litres of water in a watering can (without a rose).
- Apply to the soil around the plants for immediately available nutrients.
- Apply every week to get great results.
- When fruits are starting to swell increase to two feeds a week.
- Do not store in temperatures above 30 degrees Celsius.
- Before planting your vegetables or plants, spread a thick layer (1cm deep) over the soil surface and, using a fork, work the ground to a depth of 10-15 cm.
- Add more if you encounter difficulties in making seed beds, planting, or if the soil dries out in summer.
- When planting roses, potted plants or trees, mix 1 spadeful of conditioner to 5 spadefuls of soil at the base of the hole and then work in some more of the conditioner and soil mix around the plant.
- The conditioner can also be used as a mulch on the surface of the soil in beds and in container grown plants. It will help to retain moisture over the dry summer months and also slowly release the nutrients to the plants.
- When used as a mulch, the conditioner will also help to suppress weeds. Perfect for the no dig gardener.