Time to keep warm indoors and start making plans for next years vegetable crops and flowering bed designs. Dont forget to prune all the fruit and berry trees and bushes.
Jobs to do this month:
• Harvest winter vegetables
• Cover rhubarb with forcing pots
• Prune the blueberries and take hard cuttings of blackcurrants, redcurrants and gooseberries
• Prune apple and pear trees, but don’t leave it too late as they start to grow early in the spring!
• Plant out trees and shrubs adding some of our soil conditioner to the hole to give your plants a boost for the new year!
• Enjoy Christmas!!