Its time to start hiding away in the warm indoors and planning what lovely flowers and crops you will be planting next year! Don’t forget to prune all your fruit trees and bushes.
Jobs to do this month:
• harvest winter vegetables such as potatoes and brussel sprouts
• cover rhubarb with forcing pots
• prune blueberries
• prune and take hard cuttings of blackcurrants, redcurrants and gooseberries
• prune apple and pear trees, but don’t leave it too late as they start to grow early in the spring.
• plant out trees and shrubs and add some of our Natural Grower soil conditioner to give them an extra nutrient boost for the new year.
• Enjoy Christmas!